The PC Crew has been repairing computers for over 20 years. Our friendly team offers solutions to all your IT problems, quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively. Our fully qualified technicians will very quickly diagnose the fault and advise on the very best solution to get you up and running as soon as possible. Most of our repairs are completed within 24 hours so you can be assured of our best attention at all times. Our engineers are approachable, friendly and will offer you independent impartial advice regarding your requirements.
This is our most common repair – a full clean up will normally restore your machine to its former glory, and if additional memory is required, we stock a full range or why not try a PC Crew service plan – click here for more info.
Viruses and Malware
Our anti-virus solution offers a quick and effective removal of ALL forms of malware including viruses, Trojans, rootkits, ransomware and rogue anti-virus. We also offer advice on malware protection.
Our diagnostic tools provide quick and effective solutions to all hardware problems including memory, motherboard, hard drive, graphics card etc.
Broadband and Wireless
We are extremely effective at diagnosing and resolving all types of internet and broadband problems and where the fault lies with your ISP, we will gladly speak to them on your behalf.
From a slow computer to a faulty component, The PC Crew has experience in fault finding and sourcing parts cost – effectively to get your machine up and running again.
- Memory upgrades – Upgrading computer memory (RAM) is one of the quickest, most efficient and most cost-effective ways to boost performance. Many new computers come with only a bare minimum of memory installed. Adding more RAM can add more zip to your system
- SSD – There is a new type of hard drive on the market called SSD (solid state drives). SSDs have no moving parts, so they are far more reliable and will tend to outlive a traditional hard drive by some way. In addition, these drives will start pretty much straight away so no more hanging around waiting for your system to boot. Switching to an SSD can cost as little as £120
- Graphics cards – most systems come with ‘on board’ graphics. whilst fine in most circumstances, they do however borrow memory from the system so a 4GB computer could drop to as little as 3GB. A new graphics card would not only increase system memory but boost the performance of games and video
- Hard drive – a hard drive is the only component on a computer that degrades and over time can severely slow systems down. A cheap alternative to buying a new computer could be hard drive replacement. We will extract your old data, install new hard drive, operating system and reinstate your files, leaving you with a ‘like new’ computer
- Networking – Routers, access points and powerline adapters can all assist in providing increased performance on your home network. We can help increase the speed and performance of your broadband and provide internet into those black spot areas of the house. Please enquire about a network assessment to see if you’re getting the most from your broadband
- Periphery items – we provide a full range of monitors, keyboards, mice and printers, delivered to your door and fitted.